Friday, October 24, 2014

Our Favorite Halloween Books for Preschoolers

We are book worms over here.  So, I am pleased to share with you our favorite Halloween books:


Our Favorite Halloween Books for Preschoolers


Our Favorite Halloween Books for Preschoolers by work-it-mommy on Polyvore



The Monster at the End of this Book, Jon Stone and Micheal Smollin- This is a classic from my childhood, my mom used to do a spot-on Grover voice and even though I'm not nearly as talented, it makes my daughter giggle.  An enduring book about mistaken identity.

Mrs. McMurphy's Pumpkin, Rick Walton and Delana Bettoli- A saucy pumpkin shows up at Mrs. McMurphy's house to wreck havoc and is thwarted every time by the cool-headed Mrs. McMurphy.  I thought it was a bit odd, but Kinsey thinks its funny.

The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything, Linda Williams and Megan Lloyd- A walk through the woods proves this little old lady has guts!  Repetitive narrative engages children.

H is for Haunted House, Tanya Lee Stone and Scott Burroughs- A Halloween- themed alphabet book with delightful illustrations.  Bonus points for rhyming text.

Five Little Pumpkins, illustrated by Dan Yaccarino -The classic Rhyme with great pictures.  Always nice to add to the finger play and throw in some numerical learning to boot.

Berenstain Bears Trick or Treat, Jan and Stan Berenstain- Who doesn't love the Berenstain Bears?  I like the life lessons and real scenarios in this book series and the illustrations are wonderful.  

The Legend of Spookly the Square Pumpkin, Joe Troiano and Susan Banta-  A story about individuality and being unique.  I hate to admit it, but I watched the cartoon first lol.



Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!