Monday, November 10, 2014

Mommy Problems: Who's underwear drawer is this?!

momlife, mom life

I was folding laundry the other day- I'm one of those people who actually like doing laundry BTW, and as I was folding my underwear (yes, I do that too) a thought struck me: who's underwear is this?!

Somehow in the blink of an eye I went from cute Victoria Secrets Pink hipster panties to full-fledged granny panties (and for the record, I loathe the word 'panties'- yuck!)  How did this happen?!

I guess it all began 3 years and 9 months ago when I pushed a baby out of my body. Low rise anything just isn't as cute after growing a human inside your skin. Am I right?!

And of course there's also a cost factor. Who has $10.50 to spare on a piece of fabric barely large enough to cover your bum when a six pack of cotton briefs for $8.99 seems more than adequate for the purpose?

I remember when I used to enhance my bust with fancy bras adorned with lace and bows and silk. Nowadays I just want them supported to the hilt and preferably with clips for easy nursing (oh so glamorous, I know.)

At this point in my life, because by now I've popped out another darling baby, who even has time to go shopping in a mall?! I remember a leisurely shopping trip complete with a lunch out and a Starbucks trip just to pass the time. Now I'm breaking  world records dashing through Target before anyone has a complete meltdown (and being honest, I'm usually the basket-case.)

So, as basic and dowdy as this top dresser drawer of mine is, it also nicely represents the passage of time from the teen me to newlywed me to Mommy me. It is the perfect metaphor of mommyhood. It is where I have been and where I am now. I wonder what my underwear will be saying about me 10 years from now. Maybe they will be surprising, who knows? But they will definitely tell where I was going and what I was doing in that moment. And that is pretty amazing, considering all they do is cover my bum.

Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!