Friday, July 29, 2016

Rewind Friday // Painting with sidewalk chalk

Welcome to Rewind Friday link up #3! So glad your'e joining us! As I was going through the archives I wasn't set on any one post but as I came across this one, it jumped out at me- it would be perfect for a summer activity! This was originally posted on April 21, 2014, the day after Brian's birthday and Easter:

"Did you know you can make beautiful pictures using chalk and water?  Just by dipping the chalk into water and then coloring on colored construction paper you get vibrant colors a lot like pastels but without the mess (no residue on the fingers!) and you can also blend colors too!  Its a less- mess way to explore a new medium of painting using less expensive tools; win- win. You could also do this sans the construction paper outside on the... wait for it... sidewalk(!) for a bigger canvas to create on :)" {Read more Painting with sidewalk chalk...}

Last month's Spotlight blogger post was Lindsay's Sweet World's very best summer cocktail!
If you want to be our Spotlight Post, just link up an oldie but goodie with us the last Friday of every month! Thanks for joining BethMeghan,Stephanie and I! The next Rewind Friday will be on Friday, August 26th. Now it's your turn to add your link below! Also join us on IG using #RewindFridayParty.



Stephanie Wife Mommy Me
Whitney Work it Mommy

Linking up here.
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Love the painting win sidewalk chalk! That is something. Ive wanted to do! Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah loved the chalk paint we just got as a gift so I'm sure he'd love doing it this way too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea to paint with chalk! So much fun! We may have to try that this weekend since we already have everything we need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we spend a lot of time drawing on our driveway. Its a great activity to do while also getting some sunshine and fresh air. Best invention since bubble mixture #rewindfriday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I totally agree! And seeing those colorful drawings is an instant mood booster too :)

      Delete
  5. I have always been so nervous to try sidewalk paint... like it will permanently stain my driveway. Bahaha ha! I think I am a bit paranoid or something. I should probably just give in and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've not painted with this method!! We have made our own sidewalk chalk paint, though. Have you and the girls done that yet?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!