Thursday, July 7, 2016

Watermelon Math for Preschoolers {TTBH Summer School #2}

Welcome to session two of Teaching Together Blog Hop Summer School! Our lovely guest host this month is Meghan from The Adventure Starts Here and she is an awesome crafter!

Well, I've had watermelon on the brain lately (is it not the perfect summer fruit?) and I had an "aha" moment when I realized watermelon is perfect for teaching preschool math concepts of fractions!
A fun way to introduce Preschoolers to the concept of fractions using watermelon "slices"
I got busy tracing, cutting, gluing and measuring and created these cute slices perfect for little minds and hands. Kinsey helped me place the seeds and loved putting them together like puzzle pieces. Please forgive my horrid ruler skills (does anyone else have issues using one? I swear it's torture trying to measure out straight lines.) as those slices are not perfect quarters, sigh.
Now it's your turn! Thanks for joining AmandaBethCourtneyCourtneyStephanie and me for the first installment of Summer School! Our next TTBH Summer School link up will be on Thursday, August 4th and Leah will be our new guest host! And I'll be having a special guest post you won't want to miss!



Linking up here.
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. I love this activity! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the cutest idea ever and after the paper lesson you could add in the real deal, lololol. MMmm hands on learning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha that is cute!! I agree with Beth, after the paper use the real thing =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love this! We are huge watermelon fans and what a great way to teach fractions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks so much for having me guest host this month!!!

      Delete
  5. How fun! Great way to learn fractions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this idea and this activity! I'm definitely going to have to bookmark this for later when Mason starts learning things like this! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh!! I love this. I'm thinking it would be just as fun to do with a pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure how I didn't see this sooner than today (WTH Bloglovin'?!), but such a cute idea! We are full on head over heels about watermelon right now. This is such a perfect way to introduce fractions!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now you're speaking Ez's language!! He is watermelon obsessed, so this is genius. Super cute too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!