Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Chili // Slow-Cooker recipe {FFAY #5}


I'm a big fan of my slow cooker; granted it took me about seven years to start using it (it was a wedding present) but now I'm hooked! Throwing everything together and leaving it be is wonderful. The smells are the best. 

The colder months just beg for a steaming bowl of comfort, am I right?! We eat soup or chili at least once a week at my house. This recipe is super adaptable, I've used ground bison instead of ground beef and you couldn't even tell the difference. I also like to add toppings, because melted cheese and tortilla strips are fun! And o.k, you caught me, dipping french bread into it just seals the deal!
print recipe


Crock Pot Chili
This chili recipe is super easy to make and can be customized according to your preferences; don't want to use ground beef? Sub ground bison. Don't like kidney beans? Use pinto beans. Any way you make it, it is tasty!
Ingredients
  • 1 Tablespoons oil
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (25 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
  • 1 cup beef or vegetable broth
  • 2 Tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Instructions
Add oil to pan and saute onion and garlic until translucent. Add ground beef and cook thoroughly. Drain fat and add to Crock Pot.Add all other ingredients into Crock Pot. Stir to combine.Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.Serve warm and enjoy!

See? Super easy! Plus, both my girls LOVE this chili; I just rinse off the beans using a slotted spoon, is that weird? Hey whatever works! I hope you and your family like this as much as we do! Happy Eating!
Thanks for joining CourtneyElizabethJamieSarahJamie and me for another Foodie For A Year link up! I can't wait to see what your slow cooker has been making! Share your recipe post below:




Linking up here.
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin



15 comments:

  1. I LOVE soup! If only I could get my kids to eat it. I make it a lot in the winter. Love your chili recipe. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love, love, love, love chili! I purchased all the ingredients last week to make it some day this week & Luke can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking the other day that I needed to put some green chilies in my chili. Totally going for it next time. Thanks for the nudge ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crock pot chili is one of my favorites!! It's so filling and so easy!! We've been in a dinner rut, and chili hasn't been served in ages around here. Adding it to the menu!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chili is a favorite of ours but I've never made it in the crock pot. HELLO?! How obvious. I'm going to snag your recipe and see how James likes it, he is a picky chili eater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One can never go wrong with chili in the fall! One of my favorite things to come home to the aroma of!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I didn't LOVE mine, I think I'll have to try your recipe next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be making my own crockpot chili tomorrow, I may need to come back here and link up! Thank you for joining the Creative K Kids’ Tasty Tuesday linky party. I can’t wait to see what you create next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited to find your link up- thank you :) I hope you like it and please join us!

      Delete
  9. YUM!!! I posted a similar recipe today. I'll have to try this one though! We love chili!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum!! Chili is my fav. Will be making this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How have I never made chili in the crockpot? That seems like a no brainer! Totally trying this next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so delicious! I can't wait until it's cooler here so that I can make a pot of this amazingness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo, this sounds good! I haven't had chili since last winter, and now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!