Friday, January 20, 2017

Snowball Cookies // White {A Year of Color #1}

Snowball Cookies // White {A Year of Color #1}
Welcome to the first link up of A Year of Color! I am so excited to see how everyone is inspired by each month's color. January is all about white and I went the easy route with a recipe ;) Enter, Snowball Cookies!

Let me start off by saying we survived the plague this last week so I feel wayyyy behind on life. Whatever Kinsey picked up from school traveled to Brielana and then to Brian and myself all in the span of two days! I'll spare you all the details but I have never felt so wiped out before. Thankfully this little recipe is so easy to throw together! And a sweet treat is always much appreciated.

My favorite recipe generator seems to not want to work for me anymore so forgive the plain text. (When it rains, it pours, no?)
Snowball Cookies // White {A Year of Color #1}
Snowball Cookies
also known as Italian Wedding Cookies
adapted from Land O'Lakes

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 cups finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar for dusting

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 F
Combine all ingredients except powdered sugar until well mixed.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place onto ungreased baking sheet about 1-inch apart.
Bake 18-25 minutes until very lightly browned.
Let cool 5 minutes before rolling cookies in powdered sugar. And once again after completely cooling.
Enjoy!

So easy and so delicious!
Snowball Cookies // White {A Year of Color #1}
Now it's your turn! Add your link below. Thank you for joining Desiree, Justine, Stefanie and me for Color For A Year! Next month's color is pink and the link up will be on Friday, February 17th!


Linking up here.
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin


14 comments:

  1. Ooh those sound good!!! Gonna add them to my list of things to bake this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are a perfect treat for this color! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these!!! I laughed when I saw your post, because I almost went for a similar snowball cookie recipe for my post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun are these! I would never think to make snowball cookies, but they are perfect. I should make these and tell Mason we made them out of snow. That's the closest to "snow" he's ever been to! LOL.
    I meant to link up with you guys today, but I totally forgot to write down the dates! Darn it. I'll have to jot them down now for next month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have everything I need for these. Maybe I'll make a batch this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, it TOTALLY pours when it rains! Ugh, I'm sorry you guys were all so ill, but these cookies look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious!

    I'm definitely going to have to make these for my hubby! He will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never think to make these, but they are so incredibly good! Now I want to make some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have ALWAYS wanted to make these. Now I think I have to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have ALWAYS wanted to make these. Now I think I have to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these type of cookies, but have never made them myself. Will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE these! I haven't made them in a few years, but seriously need to whip some up. I also like to substitute the pecans for almonds and vanilla for almond extract. Equally delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these cookies but surprisingly, I've never made them! I need to change that ASAP!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!