Friday, March 17, 2017

Mint chocolate chip cookie bars // Green {A Year of Color #3}

Mint Chocolate Chip cookies // Green {A Year of Color #3}

Happy St Patrick's Day! Any leprechaun shenanigans happening at your house today? To make this day special for the girls I knew a treat was in order. Actually my pregnant self has been on a baking jag so I really didn't need any prompting to make these. But I figured it was the perfect time to try out a new mint recipe and what pairs better with mint than chocolate? 
Mint chocolate chip cookie bars // Green {A Year of Color #3}
Nothing. That's what. Throw in some green food coloring and your festive St Patrick's dessert is ready. Doesn't that dough look pretty?!
Mint chocolate chip cookie bars // Green {A Year of Color #3}


Mint chocolate chip cookie bars
recipe adapted from Nestle Tollhouse
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups  all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon  baking soda
1 teaspoon  salt
1 cup (2 sticks)  butter, softened
3/4 cup  granulated sugar
3/4 cup  packed brown sugar
2 teaspoon  vanilla extract
1/4 mint extract
2 large  eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.)  chocolate chips (I had mini morsels on hand)
Optional- green food coloring

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare pan by spraying with PAM or buttering bottoms and sides.
Mix flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl and set aside.
Beat butter, both sugars and vanilla and mint extracts in mixer. 
Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
Gradually incorporate the flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
Spread dough into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown (I use the toothpick trick)
Let cool. Cut into bars.
I should add you let the bars cool for a good 30 minutes or longer but we all know I didn't wait. I love the ooey-gooey texture of the freshly 
baked bars and the melted chocolate, but I know I may be in the minority here (or am I?!)
Mint chocolate chip cookie bars // Green {A Year of Color #3}

Now it's your turn! Add your link below. Thank you for joining DesireeJustineStefanie and me for A Year of Color! Next month's 
color is pastels and the link up will be on Friday, April 21st (the day after Brian's birthday, ha!)


Linking up here.
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin
Two girls in a field // Pink {A Year of Color #2}

9 comments:

  1. Yum! I need to do more baking, I love it so much, but then I eat it all, which is bad so I don't do it...hehe :) Vicious cycle. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple way to make brownies St. Patrick's Day appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, who can wait for cookies to cool?! They're the best when they're ooey gooey warm!!I hope they made your preggo heart happy (treats always seem to do that for me, even when I'm not pregnant).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mint + chocolate is seriously one of my favorite combos of all time. Add brownie to the mix and I'm basically over here eating a pan by myself...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Those look so yummy!! I will definitely be trying because I love mint chocolate chip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I really need to lay off the treats but these look SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes!! I love mint anything and these just look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mint and chocolate go so well together! I love the touch of green!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!