Friday, May 19, 2017

Lemon Bars // Yellow {A Year of Color #5}

Lemon Bars // Yellow {A Year of Color #5}
It's Year of Color time! Yellow is one of my happy colors so I have been looking forward to this. But then go time arrived and my mind was blank (I totally and vehemently blame pregnancy brain for this predicament.) Then my lovely friend Kelly had us over at her house (full disclosure, I invited myself and the girls over, it was that kind of day) and her husband graciously gave me a sack full of the prettiest and most fragrant lemons from their tree. And as the saying goes, when life hands you lemons, make lemon bars! This is one of my favorite Family recipes, Montecito Lemon Bars.
Lemon Bars // Yellow {A Year of Color #5}
This recipe is from my Gramma (and I believe she got it from a close family friend) I actually made these for my first work meeting at Gap when I was 19 years old and let me tell you, I was very popular. I am not above bribing or swaying people with food. It always works ;)

These babies are not overly tart or sweet but have a nice lemon flavor (the grated rind really adds a nice kick) and smell so good.

Crust
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup flour

Cream butter and sugar, add flour. Press into a 9 inch square pan, brown in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

Filling
1 cup sugar
2 Tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Tablespoon lemon juice
grated lemon peel
2 eggs, beaten

Powdered sugar for dusting

Sift together sugar, flour and baking powder. Add lemon juice and grated peel. Add eggs. Pour over crust and bake additional 25 minutes. Cool and dust with powdered sugar. Cut into squares. Enjoy!
Lemon Bars // Yellow {A Year of Color #5}

Now it's your turn! Add your link below. Thank you for joining DesireeJustineStefanie and me for A Year of Color! Next month's color is purple 
and the link up will be on Friday, June 16th!


Linking up here.
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin
Lemon Bars // Yellow {A Year of Color #5}

10 comments:

  1. Omg yum! You always get me with your recipes. We have to make these because ummm delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lemon bars so much and these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I've never made lemon bars before, but this looks yummy and easy enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These bars look delicious! Now, I'm in the mood to make lemon bars and lemonade. Maybe we'll try it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to bribing people with food! And these look and sound delicious friend! I really love that they're a family recipe too, how special, thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lemon bars will forever and always be a favorite of mine. Would you believe I have never made them from scratch either?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get in my belly!! I've been lovin' all things lemon lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never wanted lemon bars so bad in my life! And a family recipe makes it all the more sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep. YUM. Lemon bars - you are totally speaking my language. And, as much as I love them, I have yet to find a recipe that really wows me. Naturally, I must try these because they sound DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lemon bars!! Perfect for the yellow theme. These look delicious and now I am craving them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!