Sunday, June 16, 2013

Cutting Straws- Fine Motor Activity

preschool fine motor activity cutting straws

Since I will be on vacation next week and out of commission, I thought I would post a quick and fun fine motor activity to enjoy with young children!

I've mentioned before (here and here) that I have a handful of young students (2's and some newly 3's) so I like to get them working on building up their fine motor skills from the get-go. 
Materials:
Drinking straws- any size
Scissors
Tray/ bowl

I set this out one morning and I had 3 boys literally cutting straws for an hour! It was the longest I have ever seen them engaged in one activity.  So If you need to occupy your child for an extended amount of time without turning on the TV- this is it!  
It's cheap, easy to clean (just sweep up with a dust pan) and entertaining!  It helps develop fine motor hand muscles, eye-hand coordination and encourages cutting with scissors. 


Signature
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!