Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Word of the Year 2017


I'm definitely anti-resolutions. But a word to live by for a year? That I can fully support. Coincidentally, all have started with the letter "p" so who am I to change things up? With that in mind, I introduce my Word of the Year for 2017!

Patience 
[pey-shuh ns]

noun-


the quality of being patientas the bearing of provocation, annoyance,misfortune, or 
pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.

an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with a slow learner.
quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence: to work with patience.
                                                                                          
                                                                                           as defined by dictionary.com 
I actually think of myself as patient person but I also always feel like I'm rushing around trying to get things done and in the rush forgetting what is really important, family and friends and me time. So I'm listening Alice's words, "To be patient is very good advice. And I seldom ever follow it. That explains the trouble I'm always in." {lyrics from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland} and making better choices.

Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly Proverbs 14:29 NIV

Do you have a word of the year?
Linking up here.
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Yes, I choose a word, too. This year's word is "fresh". I'm so excited to see what 2017 has in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your word!! I need to have more patience in so many areas in life. I tend to go 100 mph and not sit back and just watch things happen. The amount of times I catch myself saying "Come on, let's go, hurry hurry." Great word friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A close friend just chose this as her 2017 word too and I absolutely love it! She found an article with some tips but my favorite was to treat your family like houseguests... It's amazing how we can be more patient with friends or strangers than we are with our kids and spouses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I relate to your reasoning so much. I often time want to do all the things that I lose sight of what's really important and many times, lose my patience. Thanks for a kind reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! I love this word. I don't have a word of the year...still deciding if I'll do one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I decided to not choose a word this year, but if I would have this would have been it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe THIS should have been my word of the year! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it! I'm still thinking of my word but its gonna be good, lol!! Happy New Year beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THIS! The word, the Alice in Wonderland quote... all of it! I feel like I'm a patient person too, but I could definitely use more, especially when it comes to the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, friend! Patience is a great word. Lord knows I could use more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great word!! I, too, need to remember to be patient more often than not! Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this! So much. I need to work on my patience. Last night Mason was crying and not wanting to go to sleep, yet I got frustrated with him because I didn't know what he wanted or needed and he couldn't tell me. Instead of just being there (which was what he needed), I got frustrated and lost my patience. Sometimes we just need to put everything on the back burner and just be there, sit there, with our kids and know that that is all that matters in that moment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!