Saturday, August 16, 2014

Postpartum dressing: hiding the tummy

Postpartum dressing: hiding the tummy




Liz Claiborne top / Liz claiborne top / Red cardigan / Daisy Fuentes top / LC Lauren Conrad top / Old Navy short sleeve top / A N A short sleeve top / Daisy Fuentes clothing


Since giving birth 4 weeks ago, I have been on a mission to dress my body:
  1. comfortably 
AND

     2.   discreetly, to camouflage the baby belly.

I found some helpful sites through Pinterest (visit herehere and here) that got me excited about dressing during my fourth trimester and also got me in the right frame of mind when shopping for transitional pieces.  


{Bottoms}
I've been living in my black GAP jeggings that I purchased after having Kinsey 3.5 years ago; they have the perfect amount of stretch, make me look slim, and in all honesty, they're the only button and zip- up pants I own that fit me right now! Unfortunately, I noticed they are beginning to pill in the back so I purchased an alternate pair of gray jeggings from Kohl's. My maxi skirt has made an appearance a couple of times this summer and I also wore my yoga pants a few times at home.  So basically, anything with lots of stretch and preferably in black or darker colors for slimming.

{Tops}  
Anything that visually draws the eye away from the belly or covers it up in a flattering way is what I'm going for these days.  Ruffles, a large print, dark colors, loose- flowing tops are all good!
Stripes this wide I can handle!
The Piko top on: nice and drapey

Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!