Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Homemade Christmas

I love this time of year; Christmas is special in so many ways and I reveal in the spirit of the holidays. I get a little cuckoo about some things (like rearranging gifts under the tree so they are just so) but like to be simple when it comes to decorations.  I keep my color palette to silver ornaments on the tree with a handful of brights, and then have pretty un-fussy handmade decorations adorning the mantel and (eyesore) wall above the kitchen bar.  It's a small space with lots of heart :)

Cutest Santa calendar found here.  It reads, "Santa's beard is very bare.  On his chin he has no hair.  So each day add a puff of white. When they are all on he'll come that night."

The mantel, my favorite spot.  Adding Brielana's stocking to our family line up was the sweetest moment.  I felt very proud.


 Brian's cousin gave us the Praise sign several years ago and I love it.  It's displayed year- round in various places around the house.

I made this hoop and the angel ornament was a gift from a student (hi, Katie!) circa Christmas 2009.

Kinsey's gingerbread house is too cute not to display, on top of a candle holder, of course.  And was the first craft to be made this Holiday season.


 Twine + yarn + scrapbook paper + snowflake ornaments = my attempt to festive- up the eyesore wall above the kitchen bar.


And last but not least, the Christmas tree!  I have my eyes peeled for a Baby's 1st Christmas 2014 ornament to add to our Family ornament story and a puppy ornament since this is the first Christmas for both.  And probably another string of lights, you can never have too many lights! (And we are lacking lol.)




Linking up with Momfessionals.
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Such sentimental handmade pieces… love the santa beard
    XO sarita it's my girls' world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarita! I like the slow, thoughtful process of loving everything we have and adding as we go :)
      Whitney

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!