Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie

Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie

So that title is a mouthful!  I have recently fallen in love with my Crock Pot and wanted to make an easy version of chicken pot pie so with some searching on Pinterest and Google I came up with this recipe.  
Ingredients:
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn kernels
2 large carrots, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
3 medium potatoes, cubed
handful of white mushrooms, sliced
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk (I used almondmilk)
salt and pepper to taste
fresh dill for seasoning
1 tube biscuit dough (I used crescent rolls because the biscuits were all sold out.)

I added everything to the crock pot, gave it a few stirs and let it cook on high for 4 hours.  I would stir occasionally but that's just me.  After the 4 hours, I added the crescent roll dough (2 balls per roll) right to the top of the pot pie filling and cooked another 30-40 minutes, covered.  The dough will not brown so check doneness with a fork or toothpick.  The texture is that of a dumpling and I really enjoyed it, and so did this little munchkin! 

This was actually a big hit in my house and completely customizeable, if you don't like an ingredient, just leave it out or substitute it.  I combined elements from 3 different recipes I found and I loved the fresh dill and Brian requested the mushrooms. Here are the original recipes I borrowed from: 


I hope you'll give this easy recipe a try and then let me know what you thought of it!  If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :)


Linking up with Annie and Natalie and Vanessa.
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. I'm headed to the grocery store today and added this to my list! Yum! Can't wait to make it. Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I haven't had chicken pot pie in forever and now I am craving it something fierce. Thank you for sharing this amazingness. It's going on our menu soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! That looks so good! And crockpot recipes are the best after a long day at work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so delicious and easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Yes! Yes! CPP is one of my favorite dishes, and then to make it in the crock pot?! Genius! We will most definitely be having this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I couldn't read this before because of my juice cleanse but sounds so warm and comforting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum!! This sounds amazing! I need to add this to our menu for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds so good!!! And so easy! I absolutely love Brielana's face. Clearly she liked it too! Bookmarking for later!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!