Thursday, October 8, 2015

Halloween Touches

Halloween mantel, Halloween decorations

My favorite thing about having a fireplace is being able to decorate the mantel.  Forget crackling fires, give me a holiday or season and that baby is getting dolled up.  I found 95% of my decorations from the Target Dollar Spot (praise hands, am I right?!) for under $5 bucks I have festive Halloween touches!  

I had the craft pumpkins from last year, purchased from Michael's and I painted one over with chalkboard paint.  The owl was a gift from my grandma-in-law.  The bats (which may be my favorite touch) I had drawn free hand, cut from art paper and then attached using glue dots.




Only 23 days left until Halloween! ;)

And I got to cross off another item from our Fall Fun list too!

Linking up with Annie and NatalieAstleigh and Rachel and Vanessa.
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. Very cute! I wish we had a fireplace for the sole purpose of decorating the mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I LOVE your decorations!!!! I make shift decorated on our table and taped up a banner on our tv stand thing (great explanation I know, I plan to share pics soon lol). I would kill for a mantle. Definitely on my dream wish list for our next place (or when we hopefully, eventually buy). LOVE the bats! Did you get the idea from Andrea? Did you see her Halloween decorations reveal yesterday? It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your finds. The Dollar Spot is such a fabulous place! I wish we had a mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bats!! are awesome!!! I need to find some tonight when I go to Hobby Lobby. We had a mantel in TX but not here in OH, which doesn't make a damn bit of sense and I'm really missing being able to decorate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your finds and that they were in the dollar aisle! Score!! We are moving and the house we found (fingers crossed it becomes ours) has a fireplace and mantel and I am so excited!! You can do so much with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I really need to get our Halloween decorations out - I've skipped decorating the last couple years, but I really miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is exactly my style for Halloween! So cute!
    I love the BOO letters with the pumpkin and ghost!!
    Wishing I could drive to Target ASAP :) (it's an hour away)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I'm THE WORST when it comes to Halloween decorating. As in, I have ZERO things out. Want to come give my place a little Halloween love?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I wish we had a mantle. The man that built our house didn't put in a fireplace because he was allergic to something do with fires {I can't remember now!}. But then he sold the house to us 6 months after he built it. It's one thing I don't like about our use. Your mantle looks adorable. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. good job on the bats! Mine are much more simplistic ha. I love the flying bats as decor though!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Decorating the mantel is my favourite too! Yours is so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your mantel!!! I have a massive TV above mine which really cramps my decorating style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness it is perfect! Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!