Monday, October 12, 2015

Our Anniversary Celebration


This Sunday, Brian and I celebrated our Lucky Number Seven year anniversary and we made it a date night.  My mom watched the girls as we headed out for an early dinner at a local steakhouse, Tarpy's Roadhouse.  Be warned, this is a food-heavy post.

When we were seated there were balloons on our table and coincidentally (or not?) they were 49ers red and gold.  It was pretty quiet being as it was only 5p; because parents of littles and senior citizens have a commonality, eating before it gets dark ;)
Tarpy's Roadhouse

We started out with drinks (Firestone "DBA" for Brian and a Tipsy Peach Tea for me.  It was served in a mason jar, hello cute!)  And we got "frickles" (fried pickles) for an appetizer, so good!  That dipping sauce was ahmazing!
Tarpy's Roadhouse

For the main course I got the prime angus sirloin with mashed potatoes and bacon braised chard.  The bacon was limp but the sirloin was so tender and delicious!  I practically licked my plate clean.  Brian ordered the chili-crusted chicken breast with scalloped potatoes and green beans and he especially loved the potatoes.
Tarpy's Roadhouse
Tarpy's Roadhouse

We were surprised with a dessert of golden raspberry sorbet with fresh berries and a snickerdoodle cookie.  Everything was super yummy and I had the best companion so it was a great night!
Tarpy's Roadhouse

A couple selfies on the front lawn and we were ready to go back home.  Or as Brian put it, "you gotta get back home to make sure the kids are o.k." 

And how perfect is this: I was sent the new Calvin Klein EternityNow fragrance for Men and Women thanks to Influenster, just a few days before our big celebration.  Now, the only time I actually wear perfume is for a special occasion, so this was the perfect opportunity to try EternityNow.  The fragrances compliment each other and I felt particularly sultry wearing it.  Brian used to wear Eternity and though he liked EternityNow, he still prefers the original.  Here's to looking good and smelling good and celebrating love!

I was provided these samples by Influenster in exchange for a review.  All opinions expressed are mine and my husbands.

Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. oh man what a great anniversary date! Although my hubby and I go to early dinner, but refuse to go home before the kids are in bed, haha! The benefit of having someone watching the kids is having THEM put them to bed, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sultry lol.
    I hate having somebody else put Aria to bed. It's only happened once. It went fine. Whatever. I don't like it. Early dates ftw! Although we go after Aria is in bed and have great gma watch the monitor.
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, happy anniversary!! I hope you guys had the best time. And the food looks delicious! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an amazing date! That food all looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good food + good companion = perfect date night! I'm always hungry early, so kids or not, 5pm sounds like the perfect dinner time to me. Glad you guys enjoyed your anniversary celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a perfect date night! I think my husband and I have only ever been on one date since kids and it was a day date. We don't usually do anything for our anniversary but I love that ya'll were able to celebrate together while smelling sultry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. lololol at those fried pickles!!! Normally, they are served as pickle chips down here. So hilarious they just fry the entire pickle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a lovely evening! It's always nice to get out minus the kiddos! I need to do that soon - and have a beer! That sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 7th anniversary! So nice that you got to celebrate just the two you with a beautiful meal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect date! The food all looked delicious.
    Scott and I joke we eat with the senior citizen club. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like the perfect celebration!!! And all that food looks AH-MAZING. I'm a-ok with a food heavy post! lol. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun... and now I am hungry. Glad you crazy kids had a good time celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfect evening! Your meal looks so good! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!