Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Celebrating Earth Day: Earth's Birthday Project

Earth's Birthday Project
source

Our Preschool participates in Earth's Birthday Project every year and it is something I really look forward to!  It is a great science project and a beautiful way to celebrate Earth Day! 

We purchase Painted Lady caterpillars and observe their life cycle from small caterpillars (larva) to chrysalises (pupa) to butterflies (imago) and then release them in the school garden.
source

My favorite part is getting to hold the butterflies upon release. This was last years photo:

{Happy Earth Day!}



Signature
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!