Monday, October 6, 2014

Mommy Problems: Gray hairs

I usually don't over-share but...Things are about to get real and personal, folks! Welcome to my battle with gray hairs.

Motherhood is a complicated gig: flat- pancake mom butt, wide hips, crazy varicose veins, carpal tunnel, scoliosis (from holding a baby 24/7) but who knew getting gray hairs was a part of motherhood. Why?!  For some reason the gray hairs were the slap in the face; I can buy push up bras, do squats, wear wide leg jeans with platforms, but try dyeing the random sprouted grays and you'll drive yourself insane. My weapons of choice are tweezers and a good eye. I'm also on the look out for offending grays any time I get mirror time (those suckers like to grow in triple the rate a normal strand does.)  


Rewind: my gray hair battle didn't begin until shortly after Kinsey was born (a little over 3.5 years ago) Maybe they double the more babies you have?  I guess I shouldn't really be surprised, my dad went prematurely gray at 35.  But let's be honest, its ok for men to go gray.  Lends them an air of sophistication and sexiness, right?  Not for women.  We get o-l-d faster than a tick of the second hand on a clock. 


And why do they have to grow in the most random but also concentrated spots too?  Take this morning, I side parted my hair on the opposite side and bam! 4 grays in one clump. It got my adrenaline going as I casually grabbed my tweezers and got down to work. I feel no remorse if the innocent bystander brown strand is sacrificed. #Sorrynotsorry. I'm sure I'll be regretting it later when the gray outnumbers the brown and I'm stocking up on Clairol Nice n Easy gray coverage.  But until that day- did I mention I'm only 28? Ill be vigilant and on the look out for pesky grays and realize its ironic humor and just part of being a mom (or that's what I'll tell myself.) Because no one ever tells you about the weird side effects of pregnancy. And why is that? I know it won't stop me from having more children. It would be good to know though just as a courtesy notice or something. (I also know when I'm done having babies I'll be opting for sclerotherapy surgery.  Those varicose veins are no joke.)


Proverbs 16:31, ESV

{Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life.}




Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!