Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Quarterly Goals {April/May/June}


I can't believe it's already been 3 months since my first Quarterly Goals check-in! Talk about a shock, 2016 is going by so fast! Let's see how productive I've been these past three months, shall we?

Blogging//
Write 3-4 posts a week
Start a blogging series: The Mommylogues Series
Cultivate my blogging friendships
Grow my social media reach, specifically Facebook. I just started a Work it Mommy fan page and I would be beyond grateful if you liked it :)
Work on my Photography skills, including editing and content: The Picture Perfect Project
I rocked my blogging goals, like whoa. Though I will say it definitely cut into time that would have been spent doing other maybe, probably, definitely more important things.

Home//
Organize and purge toys/clutter/clothes
Meal plan more effectively
Write out a Chores List and stick to it
I feel like I did a lot in terms of organizing and decluttering but I just haven't found a good toy rotation/storage solution yet. Anyone have any good advice about this? And even though I didn't write out a specific chore list, I did get a bunch of resources from The Spring Cleaning and Organizing blog hop that I'm excited to use!

Family//
Start a "no phone zone" designation (saw this on Leah's blog and totally loved it) and be firm
Make one-on-one time with Kinsey and Brielana
Have a regular Date Night with Brian
Well, this is where I big ole failed. But I will say, Brian and I have been getting in couple time while watching our shows in the evening. Getting one-on-one time with the girls is proving to be a little more tricky; naptime is my time with Kinsey but time with just Brielana doesn't seem to happen as often. 

Self//
Daily Devotional, time in The Word. I have been away from Bible Journaling and it's got me down. I can't think of a better pick-me-up than time spent with Jesus
Continue to make time for reading, using Goodreads Reading Challenge
Take my physical health more seriously by implementing an exercise regime
I got back into personal reading but my Daily Devotions were not daily; I tried the She Reads Truth app and it was motivating to see the checked off reading but it didn't spur me to action/accountability. My exercise is daily life with two active girls, so I'm crossing off that one! I know I'm moving around because my clothes are fitting wonderfully (I don't weigh myself) so I think I'll have to focus on something more concrete for next quarter.

Preschool//
Continue to plan material in advance
Incorporate more art activities
Include more large motor activities
The birthday celebrations and holidays really messed me up, read, made me lazy. And then I realized, I get less motivated around this time every year! If I'm anything it's being consistent ;)

And now for April/May/June goals:

Blogging//
Write 3-4 posts a week
Cultivate my blogging friendships
Grow my social media reach with emphasis on Facebook

Home//
Implement a toy rotation/storage system
Utilize my Crock Pot more
Work on weeding and tending to the backyard and garden

Family//
Start a "no phone zone" designation (saw this on Leah's blog and totally loved it) and be firm
Play more with Kinsey (as in she tells me what to do and I listen lol)
Once a month Date Night with Brian

Self//
Daily Devotional, time in The Word. 
Continue to make time for reading, using Goodreads Reading Challenge
Use my FitBit to record daily steps

Preschool//
Continue to plan material in advance, on Sundays
Find fun and educational Apps
Create printables for Kinsey


Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. Great goals! Are you home schooling or just doing fun activities with them while they are home? And while we have a system to put toys away, I think we have too many and id love to get serious about getting rid of some of doing a rotation. And I need to get on top of outdoor cleanup... Once it warms up again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the goals friend. I always find that my blogging goals are the only ones that I can consistently mark off. It is really great and really frustrating too. Excited for you and that garden of yours :D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you write your goals for the next few months. I tend to look way into the future and I need to make more short term goals that are actually obtainable lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!!! You are hilarious! I totally get it, this is my first year really writing my goals down and keeping myself accountable.

      Delete
  4. You rocked your blog goals for sure! Great job! I wish I had a better toy rotation, too. Can't wait to see what you do this quarter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goals are always good! Yay for rocking your bloggin goals. And we need a better toy rotation too, so many toys...they're everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should be doing a Savor 365 devotional and girlfriend, I am so behind. I haven't picked it up once in April. I meet to discuss the material on the 18th so I'll be cramming before... in true Stephanie style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals, friend. You crushed your blogging goals. I am behind in my bible study. I blame it on sickies! Good luck with the rest of your goals. I know you will knock them out of the park.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goals lady and I'd say overall you are doing a great job! Keep up the awesome work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job on your goals!!! SO much better than me because I... don't even plan to recap them LOL. Terrible, I know. But I haven't REALLY been looking at them or really working on them and well... And sadly, I don't really feel that bad about it! (insert monkey covering eyes emoji!). But seriously, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You rocked the goals.
    The blogging goals you knocked out of the park!
    I'm with you on finding time for one-on-one with both kiddos. I have no problem finding time with Julia - Marcus is at school three hours every morning. But, when he comes home, they've both been napping around the same time (because apparently Marcus decided to nap again??), and one-on-one time with my main man is just so hard! I need to make a Marcus/Mommy date happen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lololol play time with Kinsey is her being your boss! Lol sooooooo true! Lily is such a bossy pants- takes the fun right out of playing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!