Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Word of the Year 2018

Happy New Year!


2017 went by so fast! I suppose being pregnant for 9 months and then caring for a newborn just eats up a year like that. 2017 had the highest high in the gift of Clark and the lowest low in the passing of my beloved Papa; it also taught me a valuable lesson that I want to apply in this new year, to embrace each season of where I am at and embrace it hard.


embrace
[em-breys]

verb (used with object),em·braced, em·brac·ing.

  1. to take or clasp in the arms; press to the bosom; hug.
  2. to take or receive gladly or eagerly; accept willingly: to embrace an idea.
  3. to avail oneself of: to embrace an opportunity.
  4. to adopt (a profession, a religion, etc.): to embrace Buddhism.
  5. to take in with the eye or the mind.
  6. to encircle; surround; enclose.
  7. to include or contain: An encyclopedia embraces a great number of subjects.

verb (used without object),em·braced, em·brac·ing.

  1. to join in an embrace.
noun

  1. an act or instance of embracing


What are you embracing this year?


Word of the Year 2017 | 2016 | 2015 

Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Love! I need to embrace the crazy a bit more over here, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The perfect word to embrace life and everything it has to offer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Embrace. I love it, friend. Hoping 2018 embraces you with all of the love and happiness in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PERFECT word! Love it. Hoping you have an amazing 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a perfect word for this season of life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect word! There is a lot I need to work on embracing (mainly the fact that my type-A needs to chillllll), but most importantly, embracing (quite literally) my family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!