Monday, April 25, 2016

Aubrey of Aubrey Zaruba {The Mommylogues Series}

I am pleased to have Aubrey as my next guest on The Mommylogues Series; I am pretty consumed as a Mom and the role that plays in my life (which is everything) so I admire the honest and candid perspective that Aubrey has, and I know you will too!
hi everyone! my name is aubrey, and i am not a mom. i blog at aubrey zaruba. you may wonder why whitney invited me to the mommylogues since this series is about being a mom.
unlike others in this series, i don't have a story of becoming a mom or being a mom, but i do have a lot of thoughts about that. i always thought i would be a mom. i changed my career goals in college to something better suited to being a mother. i have spent many years of my life thinking about and preparing to be a mother. the reality is that might not happen.

although giving birth technically makes someone a mother, being a mother means so much more. although it is not the same as raising a child of your own, we all have opportunities to influence children and others around us. i'm so grateful for those opportunities in my life and for the wonderful friends i have, you acknowledge that not being a mom is hard.

although my journey with motherhood is much different than most, i know my life is working out exactly how it is supposed to. maybe i will be a mother someday, and maybe i won't. in the meantime, i will continue to love the life i have.

 photo aubrey-sig_zps0ck6qpqn.png
blog|facebook|instagram|twitter|pinterest


***

Archives:

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely balanced perspective. Wish you well, Aubrey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. What a fabulous outlook - I love all the positivity! All the best to Aubrey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great posts. I think the world puts such a one size fits all view on motherhood and that is just not the case. Thanks for sharing Aubrey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a Mom is more than giving birth -- yes yes yes!! She could totally be a mother figure in other aspects of her life. I know her work gives you a bit of that opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Aubrey's blog and think I might know what she's referring to. She helps so many kids in her job and I'm sure tons of them look up to her as a mother figure. I love her outlook on this. Thank you for sharing Whitney and Aubrey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think sometimes being a mother figure can be just as important! I was in a mother role a lot for my little brother who is 17 years younger than me. Our mom worked a lot and I was often the one taking care of him when my parents weren't around. The word motherhood means so much!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore Aubrey! I follow her on Snapchat and she is seriously one of my favorites. Thee best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great perspective! Can't wait to get to know her more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!