Monday, April 1, 2013

You are Beautiful

A few weeks ago I was in the worst mood. EVER.  It clung to me like smoke.  It made me feel awful.  I basically reeked of bad mojo.  
*Rewind.*  
Let me start at the beginning.  I was feeling sorry for myself.  I had just gotten three new students in the span of three weeks.  I was feeling stressed; some of these little honeys were brand-spanking new to preschool and that can mean a few different things.  All of them meaning extra work for me to get them on board.  

Don't get me wrong, that IS my job after all. But like I said, I was feeling sorry for myself.  And that led to complaining about it. To everyone. Man, I was horrible (and I still feel a little guilty about it.  Sorry co- workers!)  But the more the feelings started to fester, the more I realized I needed to do something about it; the attitude, the air pollution, the self- inflicted misery. 

So I turned to God.  And He showed up (as always) and began to change my strategies.  I made more of an effort to enjoy the small victories in my class; some one cleaned up after themselves without being asked. Princess shared a toy with a new friend. I started to soak in the Word and fill my heart with God's promises. This one in particular really put things in perspective: The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 1 Timothy 1:5 ESV.  

And then God really delivered.  It was in the form of a CD (Endless Years) my husband burned for me: Will Reagen and United Pursuit's Colorful.  This song made me cry, laugh, feel joy and love.  I'm sure I looked like a maniac bumping it in my car because you know it was on repeat x30.  It completely changed my life.  Gone was the foul mood.  (And just in time for Easter too!)

Here are the lyrics.  Just soak in the truths of these gorgeous words.


You are beautiful in all of Your ways
You are colorful in the way that You've saved me
In the way that You've given me life

From the heights of heaven
To the seas below
You came to tear down the doors
Of our imprisoned souls
You lift the weight of the world
Give the world what our heart's longing for
We see the mercy of
Undeserving love
We see Your perfect heart
As You remake us, God
We see You as You are
Not as we've made You to be
You're the maker of
All of our hopes and dreams

You are beautiful in all of Your ways
You are colorful in the way that You've saved me
In the way that You've given me life

We give You everything
We give You all our love
We love You, beautiful King
You are what our heart's longing for

Savior, Father, Maker, God of
New and sovereign life, restarted
Remaking, changing desperate hearts
Of sons and daughters from the Father

We give You everything
We give You all our love
We love You, beautiful King
You are what our heart's longing for


Now tell me you don't feel 100% alive and inspired?! God is good! And in times when the world is telling you, 'you are not enough'; God will always tell you, 'you are beautiful.' Can I get a "Amen"?!

How do you get out of funks? Music? Books? Gab fests? What has God done in your life lately? I'd love to be inspired by your words of wisdom!


{Happy Easter Peeps!}


Signature

Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!