Monday, January 18, 2016

Mom Confessions 2

Another round of Mom Confessions. These may be my worst yet...

The hour of 3pm is my undoing; I get tired, uninspired and a tad grumpy. If I could take a nap, I would. I physically dread looking at the clock and seeing 3:30p staring back at me. Anyone else have a "witching hour"?

Poor Brielana hardly gets bathed. I'm lucky if she gets a bath twice a week. Between her crazy bangs falling in her eyes and how often I wash her hands due to her oral fixation, I just can't keep up. #Secondchildproblems 

I've been slowly working Brielana up to sleeping in the girls shared room but by 11p if she's still asleep, I will get her and bring her back into our bed just so I won't have to do it in the middle of the night and get woken up from deep sleep. Kinda counterproductive, right?

Kinsey has been loving watching Jurassic World and The Goonies. Probably still a little young for them but she doesn't get scared of the dinosaurs and she thinks the Goonies are hilarious. I'm actually more offended by The Goonies and the use of the s-word. Go figure.
I realize this isn't Chutes and Ladders but it proves my point about playing board games ;)
I love playing board games but I just can't with Chutes and Ladders. Towards the end of the game I am chutes-blind. Thankfully Kinsey hasn't caught on. Yet.

For more scandalous Mom Confessions click the link. 



Linking up with Andrea.

Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

20 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Emmy is obsessed with baths but cam had a love hate relationship so sometimes I just don't fight him on it. I hear ya on the time too. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I let me 3 year old watch Jurassic Park and World.... He is obsessed with dinosaurs and it was right around the time he quit taking naps...... #gottadowhatyougottado.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pssshhhhtttttt Ben is beyond looking to get more than one bath a week. Actually 330 feels amazing to me. I can see the light for when daddy is about to get home. 1 or 2pm on the other hand?! Mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bathing thing... is it bad that I only give Mila baths on most nights just to contain her? She's so unbelievable energetic and non-stop all day long. Sometimes I'll even announce bath time early just so I get to sit down and relax on the floor next to her while she plays in the tub. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The witching hour...ugh! And it's so cold in WI that we can hardly get outside, which makes for extra long days. I hear ya, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're not alone with the bath thing. I will only give them baths after they've gone to the bathroom, because I've dealt with one too many pooh baths for my liking. So if the timing and the moon and the stars all align, they get a bath. It's a good day if half the household has bathed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always DONE between 2-3 PM, and nap time (for me) just doesn't happen!
    I don't think letting her watch those movies is bad. I always say if they're not afraid, go for it. Lily actually loved Jurassic Park when we watched it during Family Movie Night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah afternoons are tough--- not gonna lie!! It was 330 for me too for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, we have second child problems too! Finn gets a bath twice a week only... Poor guy! It's especially sad since he loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3:30 is the worst!! I loathe looking at the clock and it's only 3:30. My kids are so stir crazy around that time. And amen to the bath situation

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha! Yes to the witching hour, they definitely get more tv than I would like during those hours! And I absolutely detest puzzles, would rather poke my eye with a pencil than put together a puzzle....

    ReplyDelete
  12. We haven't started playing board games yet but I KNOW I will be over it on some of them when we start playing!
    It was funny because this weekend Mason was with Seth's mom and my older niece was there. Poor girl had to watch Paw Patrol ALL WEEKEND and she was singing the song when we went to pick Mason up last night and kept saying... no more no more! lol. She was such a good sport!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel the same way as you do but at around 6pm, right after dinner. My body is digesting food and I struggle to stay awake!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! Baths are pretty much always twice a week around here... at least in the winter. :)

    Becky
    bybmg

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I could bathe Parker less! She is just such a messy eater. If we didn't bathe her she'd be the stinky kid! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm with you on 3pm. It's the worst. And the countdown to bedtime officially begins then.
    Marcus got chutes and ladders for Christmas. I totally forgot how long that game can get! I like the idea of going chute-blind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm more of a 5PM person. James is usually hope between 6-6:30 so it's the longest 90 minutes of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shoots and ladders is pretty much the worst game ever, I hate that freaking game actually! I used to have a bad hour of the day but ever since we started home school and Russ gets off at 4 our days are over WAY to fast.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love mommy confessions, they let me know I am not the only one who does/thinks certain things!!!! We struggle with bath time over here too and we don't even behave baby #2 yet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes! 5:15 is that time of day for me. After having two very rambunctious 5 year old boys for 2.5 hours I am plum wore out. (I started keeping Mason's little best friend after school every day) They normally pick him up at 5:25-5:30, but by 5:15 I am just DONE! I love these boys something fierce, but they are a handful together. And Mason definitely does not get a bath every single day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!