Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Word of the Year 2020

Word of the Year 2020 on Work it Mommy blog

Joy
[joi]
noun
the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation:
a source or cause of keen pleasure or delight; something or someone greatly valued or appreciated: 

the expression or display of glad feeling; festive gaiety.

a state of happiness or felicity.

verb (used without object)

to feel joy; be glad; rejoice.

It took me a few weeks but I finally landed on my Word of the Year.
J O Y
What comes to mind when you think of that word? For me it's about experiencing joy in the every day. Making all those little moments feel so much more substantial. Not taking anything for granted. Understanding that not everything will go your way but appreciating the experience with joy anyway.

What better place to find the true meaning of joy than in Scripture? Here are my favorite verses on joy.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. James 1:2-3

Deceit is in the heart of those who devise evil, but those who plan peace have joy. Proverbs 12:20

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11

As sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, yet possessing everything. 2 Corinthians 6:10

Do you do a Word of the Year? Set a resolution? Make new year goals? Please share!

Pinterest_Hover InstagramGoogle_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I love this so much! Joy is a choice we get to make each day. I know my days are so much brighter and more meaningful when I choose joy! I'm still thinking about and praying about my word for this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!