The sweet Evelina from Fortunate House nominated me for the Liebster Award! I have to
say this is a Blog Dream Come True; as a new blogger I had come across the Liebster Awards and set my sights on it (you know, like I had "made it" when I got nominated) and lo and behold, the day has come! Thank you, Evelina!
After a quick Google search I found the rules of receiving this award vary but the common ones are:
1. thank the nominator and post a link back to their site
2. answer the 11 questions your nominator asked
3. nominate 5- 10 new bloggers with less than 1000 followers
4. create 11 new questions for your nominees
5. notify your nominees
Here are the questions Evelina asked:
1. What is something interesting about your ancestors or extended family?
This sounds horrible because I'm American through and through, but all my ancestors fought against the US in the World Wars (I'm German, Japanese, Hungarian and Italian.) Please don't hold that against me ;)
2. What car do you drive?
A white 1999 Chevy Blazer.
3. What are you looking forward to most about fall?
Wearing scarves and boots and that crispness in the air. Fall is my favorite season (said everyone) and I look forward to enjoying all it brings.
4. What is your favorite store to shop at?
I can't pick just one! For clothes, it's a toss up between Gap/Old Navy/Target. For home goods, Target/Cost Plus World Market. Ok, so maybe it's just Target?!
5. What was the last thing you bought for yourself?
A cute little shirt from Target (shocker, right?) that is a great transitional piece come Fall temps.
6. Describe your first kiss.
Awkward and embarrassing.
7. What is your dream job?
Pretty sure I'm doing it right now! I love being at home with my babes. If only I could be paid to do it ;)
8. What was the last vacation you went on?
A quick trip to LA in May for my cousin's wedding.
9. What will your next vacation be?
Hopefully to San Luis Obispo for our 7 year Anniversary in October. We have visited that little town every year (minus our children's birth years) and always stay at the same Inn and eat at the same steak house. LOVE them both!
10. Why did you start blogging?
My intention was to blog about life as a new mom when Kinsey was one month old. That never happened. I started blogging in earnest 2.5 years later and mostly about my preschool classroom. Now it's a lot more family oriented but I think it's evolved organically.
11. What would you name your blog if you could rename it?
Oh tricky. I really don't know? Maybe The Family Smith Blog (like all my other social media handles). It's hard to say!
Beth @ Our Pretty Little Girls
Desiree @ Macke Monologues
Courtney @ Sweet Turtle Soup
Elizabeth @ Chasin Mason
Kristin @ Taz and Belly
Sarah @ Foxy's Domestic Side
Sarita @ Its My Girls World
Stephanie @ Wife Mommy Me
Vanessa @ Xtremely V
Whitney @ Mama and Mister
And my questions:
1. What are you looking forward to the most this Fall?
2. What is your favorite seasonal drink?
3. If you could only eat one food, what would it be?
4. What is your favorite T.V show and why?
5. What has been the highlight of this year?
6. What is your favorite Holiday?
7. Share an embarrassing moment.
8. When you get "me time" what do you purposely do?
9. What is one thing about blogging you wish you had known before you started?
10. Are you a sweet or salty craver?
11. What is one thing on your Bucket List that scares you but you are determined to do?