Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Story of Us: Our Engagement




It's another installment of The Story of Us and this one is all about our engagement! Forgive the pictures, they are photos of photos.
Our dating anniversary is April 7th and on this day in 2008 we were celebrating 3 years together. We planned on eating dinner at a restaurant on the Big Sur Coast and I was p-r-a-y-i-n-g Brian was going to pop the question.  I had hinted for a few months now that I would really enjoy getting a ring as a gift and then laugh it off, because you know, I didn't want to sound desperate or whinny (I was saving all that crazy for marriage, joking!)

We both got dolled up and then had a lovely drive down the Coast. It was gorgeous but oh so cold and windy.  We took a couple of selfies (naturally) and then ate dinner.
The food was mediocre, but I did love my rice pilaf.  They also presented us with a slice of cake and took our picture with a Polaroid to commemorate our Anniversary, so that was very cute.  (And would'nt you know it, I can't find it.)


By this time I was seriously wondering when/if Brian was going to propose because we had the perfect location but we settled into the car and drove back to my house.  We were hanging out in my bedroom (which is now our girls shared room!) when Brian's voice got all deep and he kinda fidgeted and began talking about how we have been together a long time and that the next step was marriage and he had the ring out and I was crying but said. "yes, of course!" and then we were hugging and laughing.

My mom took some pictures of us and we made engagement cards to send to family and that was that!  

Brian kills me because he insists I "bullied him into marriage" but the little sneak had purchased the ring four or five months before and had it hidden in his closet!  

We were engaged for 6 months before we got married in October of 2008.  It was before the days of Pinterest and it makes me a little bit sad because I could have crafted it up big time but I really just didn't know what to do, sigh.  But the organizer in me had a blast making lists and checking things off and it all came together.

And let's talk about dress shopping, shall we?  I was one of those who absolutely fell in love with the first dress I tried on.  But I'm no fool, I tried on 3 more just to be positive ;)  I got my dress at David's Bridal and hope one day both my girls will want to wear it.

The next chapter in The Story of Us: our Wedding!

If you want to catch up:
Part One: How We Met
Part Two: Dating Years



Linking up with Beth.
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!