Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Gingerbread Blossoms

Gingerbread Blossoms

I had different intentions entirely going into this gingerbread baking session, but for whatever reason, my cookie cutters weren't releasing the dough properly (maybe not enough flour?) Out of frustration (and some choice words and some throwing said cookie cutters into the sink) I decided to make gingerbread blossoms instead. All I can say is thank goodness I had leftover Kisses and these turned out phenomenal!

print recipe

Gingerbread Blossoms
Soft and not-too-sweet gingerbread cookies are kicked up a notch by adding a chocolate Kiss.
Ingredients
  • 3 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
  • 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup molasses
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350*F 
1. Mix the first 6 ingredients and set aside. 
2. Beat butter and sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy. 
3. Add molasses, egg and vanilla; mix well. 
4. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well combined. 
5. Shape dough into small balls and place on ungreased baking sheet. 
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. 
7. While cookies are baking, unwrap chocolate Kisses and set aside. 
8. Once out of the oven, insert Kisses into the center of each gingerbread cookie. 
9. Let cool and enjoy!
Yield: about 30 cookies


Also, a big shout out to Beth for sharing this wonderful recipe creator site!

And if you're in the mood for chocolate, try my Peppermint Bark Blossoms!

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas. I'm going on a 4 day blog break to soak up this special season with my loved ones. May you get everything on your wish list :)


Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Oh Whitney, why do you do this to me? You know I HAVE to try all the recipes you post!!! Although, I have to admit that I am nota huge gingerbread fan (I know, only one in the world), BUT I do love me some chocolate and peppermint, so I'm off to find that recipe!
    LOVE how you made this one printable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum!!! If I had time for baking right now I would totally be making these! But, I am saving this recipe. Thank you for sharing sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these do look fun! I'll have to give them a try some time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good! I love the traditional blossoms, but have never thought to make gingerbread blossoms! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!