Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Our Girls' Shared Room

I have been wanting to share about the girl's shared room for ages, it's been written up since before Brielana was even born (ha), and has since gone through a remodel.  Thanks to Andrea's prompt for Show and Tell Tuesday, it's finally being posted!  This is by far my favorite room in the house and actually used to be my childhood bedroom, so lots of good memories!  Welcome!

This room is a little box that isn't huge but holds everything neatly. The closet is behind the entryway door.  I'm going left around (asquare?!) the room: 





I made the tassels from tissue paper for assorted past birthday parties and the easel is from Michael's, a Christmas gift to Kinsey a couple of years ago.  The armoir is an antique that has been in my family for ages, it belonged to my mother and me before the girl's inherited it!  I absolutely love it.  Obviously I think the more the merrier when it comes to knickknacks.  A talented co-worker drew the picture of Kinsey when she was 2.5 years old.  I'm going to ask her to draw one of Brielana next!  The shadow boxes up top are mementos from the girl's births.  The adorable lamp is from Target.  The bookshelf is a cast-off from my brother, and hold's Kinsey's first pet, Bubbles the Betta. 




The gallery wall is one of my favorite spots in the room; it took years collecting all the fun prints and frames and it has become a real labor of love.  I made the pompom banner. The needlepoint was done by my grandma, the metal "k" and "Creative Girl" are from Michael's Dollar section. "You are my Sunshine" print from here, "Life's too Short" print from here and "Give God the Glory" print from here.  The pants hangers and clipboards were found around the house after a good Spring cleaning :)  The Renior reprint "Two girls in a field" was from a school project of my brother's and the frame was another one of my grandma's treasure's that I had spray painted over in Krylon's Watermelon (purchased from Michael's).  I made the rainbow hoop with inspiration from Raising up Rubies- she is one creative lady!  I made the tissue paper flowers and "Kinsey" banner for Kinsey's 2nd birthday and just couldn't part with them!  Her bedding, curtains and rod, and rug is from Target. The two onesies are forever keepers from Kinsey's newborn days that are too cute not to display.



There's a window in between the girl's bed and crib giving lots of natural light.




 The polka dots are from Oh Joy! for Target, I couldn't believe how perfectly they matched everything in this room and couldn't pass them up!  The picture ledge and child's chair are from Ikea.  The New Baby printable from here and the white frame holds a paint swatch!  The sweet hair clip holder was a gift from one of my favorite students, circa 2008. I made Brielana's name sign from a shoebox lid and scrapbook paper. My papa gave me the trellis several years ago, think 2005, when I was in a gardening kick (don't even ask) and it also lived in my classroom for a few years until coming home.  I had my mom attach chicken wire to hang pretties with clothespins.  The crib was Kinsey's from Target and the chevron sheet. The Mobile (made by a very talented mom of a former student! Find her Etsy shop here.)  was a gift from my friend, customized to my nursery's colors; I was breathless when I opened the box, so precious!  



Brielana doesn't sleep in the room at night yet, but she takes her naps here, anyone notice the ancient walkie-talkie style audio monitor?! Ha!  She also decided to pull herself up for this picture- a first!

I am beyond thrilled with how lovely this shared room turned out!  



Signature
Linking up with Andrea 
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin




8 comments:

  1. This is such a great shared space! Our baby is currently in our room (and when I say baby, I should actually be saying toddler). But soon she'll be moving in with her big sister. Love these ideas for a sister room :-)
    - Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin! It was definitely a joyful space to decorate. Im sure the move from you room into sister's is bittersweet, its hard on mama when "the baby" isnt a baby anymore!
      Whitney

      Delete
  2. I so appreciate furniture that is passed down through the generations. There is something so romantic about knowing the stories that the furniture has seen and heard! Just precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It just has so much charm and the craftmanship is beyond compare. Thank you Sara!
      Whitney

      Delete
  3. my gosh it is gorgeous! I love how much you have in there, plus two bodies! Aria has such a tiny room and I am always wondering how I can change things to make it roomier. Wondering what to add and where to put it. I'm just waiting for her to move from the crib up to the little half wall side crib thing and then I want to give it a serious facelift. Anything, this room is just so happy - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you Courtney! Ive collected things for that space over the years and it just came together perfectly. Small spaces should have big personalities to compensate ;) Good luck with Aria's big girl room!
      Whitney

      Delete
  4. What a FUN room!!
    The tassels and tissue paper flowers are my favorite parts!
    I also love the pops of pink everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! Those are my favorite touches too (besides the gallery wall) and no little girl should live without pink ;)
      Whitney

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!