Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The Little Things: Dating my Husband


Monday was Brian's 29th birthday and to celebrate my mom watched the girls and we went out on a date. It was the first date we've had since Brielana was born (9 months ago, yikes!) 

Brian wanted to try a new restaurant Alvardo Street Brewery that just opened downtown, (and I use that term loosely, seeing as our downtown is basically 2 miles long haha.) and as luck would have it, it was slow and quiet. Maybe it being 4:45p on a freezing, cold Monday had something to do with that?


We shared a brie, pear, arugula, balsamic flatbread as an appetizer (delish!) and for the main course, I ordered artichoke ravioli and Brian had the lamb shank with mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts (not pictured); to say we were in food heaven is an understatement. To make the evening meal even more special, my gramma treated us as a present to Brian.

A quick walk down the street is Peter B's, another local brewery and Brian's favorite pub. We had a quick half pint before picking up a slice of  peanut butter pie for dessert from Rosine's.

It was wonderful to dress up, get out of the house and spend a meal eating hot food with my Main Man on his birthday. It is something we realized we want to do more often and I look forward to the possibilities of dating my husband.  Again.



Linking up with Jess.
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great night! The food sounds yummy too! Happy Birthday to your main squeeze :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true...especially with kids...to keep that romance alive! xox Christine | Amidst the Chaos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Christine! Almost more so ;) So glad you came to visit.

      Delete
  3. Dating is even more fun after kids because you appreciate the time together so much more! That's what I think, anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Brooke! We definitely appreciated the alone time more because it is a rare happening.

      Delete
  4. oooh getting to eat a meal without a kid around. The other day we got home late and it was willy nilly dinner night, but mine took a bit longer to warm up so Aria was already. So, I got to eat alone at the table - it was incredibly relaxing haha. She was still running around near me, but I didn't have to pay attention to her at all because dad was watching her. Any little respite!! Now going out? Even better, and ending with pie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!