Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Where I'm at Wednesday


April was full of surprises, but no April Showers here in California; and that is a bummer.  Here is what kept me busy this month:

Taxes:  I was seriously behind on filing this year I usually get it done as soon as the W-2's arrive in the mail; this year, not so much.  But before the deadline. I did bang them out in a few hours (during nap time no less) and with our refund, I can proudly say we paid off 2 minor credit cards and the majority of the hospital bill.  It feels sooooo good.  Though on a side note, I heard getting money back is actually not a good thing because then the government has too much free reign over your money during the course of the year, but I'll take whatever we can get ;)

We celebrated Baby's First Easter and my Gramma's 76th Birthday.  Cake is a big deal around our house.  This one is from Whole Foods and it's the Berry Chantilly.  Trust me, you have got to try this cake.  They sell them by the slice and usually only during berry season. You won't regret it.


Brian celebrated his 29th Birthday.  And we hit the town on our first date since Brielana's birth.

I got my hair did.  It only took 10 years and 3.5 hours to do ;)

I surprised myself this month by reading 5 books; Emily Climbs and Emily's Quest by L.M Montgomery, Blackbird House and Local Girls by Alice Hoffman, and Austenland by Shannon Hale.  Hoffman may be a new favorite author, but I will have to read a couple more of her novels to know for sure. I actually watched Austenland first because I didn't realize it was a book, both are lighthearted and entertaining.  But of course, I could only picture Jane as Keri Russell.  And I'm not unhappy about that.


How did your April go?

Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the books you read. I need some new books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im always searching for new books to read! Glad I was useful :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!