Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award



Elizabeth of Chasin Mason nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award and has pretty much made my year.  Thank you Elizabeth!

This is my first time hearing about this award but here are the basic rules upon acceptance:
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer a few questions about yourself.
3. Nominate 5-10 blogs that you love.
4. Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.

And here's what Elizabeth asked:
1. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
I started my blog right after Kinsey was born in 2011 with the greatest intentions of documenting my journey as a new mom.  And never wrote a word.  I started blogging in earnest in 2013 sharing preschool activities from my classroom and only lightly sharing about my family and now it's just the opposite; heavy family sharing, light preschool activities.  I never really had a goal and am so surprised others actually read the words I type!  {Thank you, friends!} So I guess I count that as my biggest accomplishment, making friendships.

2. What have you learned about blogging since you started? 
I think of blogging as this great community so I definitely enjoy engaging in conversations and making new friends.  I think its important to cultivate relationships by responding to comments and showing support to others who support you.

3. Provide a link to your favorite blog post.

4. Have you made virtual friends because of blogging? Have you met them "in real life"?
I definitely have!  I haven't had the pleasure to meet any in real life, but given the chance I would jump on it!  

5.Does your family read your blog and if so does this affect what you say or how you say it?
Only my mom, brother, husband, and Sister in Law know about my blog so I don't really feel hindered in any way when writing.  I am actually a pretty private person, so I feel like my personal filter wouldn't let me overshare in any way.  But with that being said my blog is definitely my outlet and if I feel something may be too personal, I always ask Brian's opinion and if he's o.k with it, then I freely share. Husband filter, it's a thing.

6. What's your favorite thing to eat and drink in the summer?
S'mores all the way!  And I'm pretty boring but water is always my drink of choice.

7. Are you a nail polish fan? If so, what color and what brand are your favorite?
I am and I'm not; I don't really care for myself (but my toes are always painted, is that weird?) but Kinsey's favorite accessory are painted nails!  I love using Piggy Paint (it's all natural) on her and her signature color is Forever Fancy, a sweet pink.

8. What is your go-to meal for dinner?
A protein (chicken or beef, mostly) + a vegetable + a grain (rice, couscous)= done.

9. What is your favorite holiday and why?
I love Thanksgiving!  Family, food, traditions, togetherness; it has it all.

10. What is one piece of advice you would give fellow bloggers?
Be you; use your life experiences and anecdotes to tell your story, there is only one you and you are enough.  Have fun with blogging, make it work for you!  

I nominate:
1. Vanessa of Xtremely V
2. Sarita of It's My Girls World
3. Whitney of Mama and Mister
4. Courtney of A Plus Life
6. Kristen of Taz + Belly
7. Astleigh of Hill Collection
And I know you've already been nominated but I feel compelled to add:
9. Courtney of Sweet Turtle Soup
10. Elizabeth of Chasin Mason
because I love reading your blogs! :)  Hope I didn't break any rules (?) :/ haha.

If you choose to participate here are my 10 questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite social media outlet?
3. What is something you wish you were better at?
4. Share the link to your favorite blog post.
5. What is your #1 piece of Mommy Advice?
6. Favorite Author or book?
7. What is your most-used phrase or word?
8. Do you view blogging as a hobby or a job? Why?
9. Favorite Summer activity?
10. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?



Linking up with Beth.
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Love this post and getting to know people. My answers would have been very similiar, love Thanksgiving and thanks for the nail polish rec for the littles. I can't wait to start painting my daughters nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you so much Whitney! You are too sweet! I love your blog too! And now I'm drooling just thinking about Thanksgiving dinner....mmmm...mashed potatoes and gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! Loved getting to know you better :) And in reality, I don't know why we haven't met yet in person! I was up by you not to long ago and then you were down by me. Ha! I think I feel like it's hard since often times you're on a family vacation so it's hard to break away. Next time! Oh and I looooove Thanksgiving too. Costco has the BEST pumpkin pies :) yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so much fun answering Elizabeth's questions too! Love your responses :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun :). I love that just about every blogger is most surprised about and loves the friendships the most. I have been completely blown away by the amount of love and support I have found in complete strangers... but I feel like I know them better than some of my friend. Odd and amazing.

    I have this post saved in my draft folder, I'll get around to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg thanksgiving is wonderful! I like that it is a simple holiday really. I mean other than if you cook up the whole shebang. But like counting down to Halloween...that is exhausting. And then advents for Christmas...exhausting. Thanksgiving...food and family. We usually hang out with Aria's godfather. And I must watch the parade in the morning. k now I want a feast!!! All the gravy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!